Monday, November 5, 2007

Fantasy Hockey Update Week Four: all bow to kms2...

Well last week's matchup to watch was a close one, but kms2 continues to roll. She took all the goaltending stats and killed Kirsten in assists, and poor Kirsten just hung on to pick up the scraps in the other categories. Vesa is really dragging Kirsten down, yet she keeps him on the roster...and plays him!! Hey Kirsten, I'll give you Miller for Hemsky...cmon...you know you want him!

Leanne's new additions are already paying off, as Mike Richards and Patrick Kane added 3 goals and 2 assists between them to help her take those categories. Tracy took the goaltending stats as Brodeur started to get back on track this week.

Having that Crosby kid is finally starting to pay off for Bethany...she beat Jordi in G,A and PPP thanks to Crosby and Gaborik. Jordi also lost in goaltending since Biron had a rough week. She somehow managed to squeak two wins out of Khabibulin, in spite of his horrible GAA and SV%. Hey Jordi, do you want Miller?

capschick's team took offense (no pun intended) at me saying they only scored 3 goals last week...so they went out and scored 5 goals this week! If it weren't for Ovie she would have only had 2 goals this week! (erm, uh, I can't really throw stones here, I only had 3 goals this week...) capschick beat teka 7-1, as teka fell victim to the "minimum games played" goaltending rule. At least teka won in PIM!!!

Sherry was able to come up with a decisive 9-2 win over our rogue team, although I am sure it has to be frustrating to lose to murphys in any category. However, elly's team does have kovalchuk and heatley, who scored 3421 goals this week...it's hard to compete against that!

Oh, remember last week when I said kms2, sherry, and Kirsten were my predictions for taking whole enchilada? I forgot to mention Steph in that group, and her team made me pay for it this week. At one point, she lead 10-0 and I was just praying that nobody on her team got a SHP so I could avoid being completely swept. Luckily, my goaltending came through on the last day and I was able to tie her up in W and SHO. I would also like to report my earth shattering -17...for this week. (I guess that is what happens when you have 42 Sabres on your team and the Sabres start sucking...)

Overall, it was a great week with a lot of teams headed in the right direction.

Matchup to watch this week: leanne vs. sherry. These two teams are really starting to roll, and it should be a close one.

Note: kms2 has proposed a change to the max number of moves (drops, adds, trades). She would like to change it from 20 to unlimited. Let her know how you feel about this either in the comments or on the league message board...


No comments:

Post a Comment