Monday, April 16, 2007

I'm no marketing expert, but...

So there is a fantastic Stanley Cup Playoffs on Verus ad featuring Sidney Crosby...on the back cover of this week's issue of The Hockey News. Now call me crazy, but if I get The Hockey News, I already know that the playoffs are underway.

Shouldn't this ad be in a non-hockey related magazine? I checked my lastest issue of ESPN the Magazine (sorry to kill so many trees, but I got this sub as a freebie last year) hoping maybe there would at least be a Crosby ad in there, but nope, no such luck.

At first I was annoyed that the NHL was focusing on Cindy and the Penguins as though they are in the Finals already, but I understand that getting the Cindy name out there is critical to opening up the sport to new fans. But if you are going to promote Cindy and the boys, wouldn't it be a better idea to do it in some non-hockey related media?

Just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment