Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day One: Life as a Devils fan

6:55 PM
I make my way to the couch to watch the Flyers Devils game. Oh good, we're playing the Senators. We're sure to lose to them. Wait. I think that is the Flyers fan in me hoping for a Devils loss.

I turn on the TV, but for some reason the Flyers game comes on. Hmm, that's weird. Must be something wrong with the remote. Well, I might as well watch this game for a few minutes. Gotta keep track of what the enemy is doing, right? Whatever I miss in the Devils game I can always catch up with on IPB. Oh great, they're not doing a game diary for this game.

7:20 PM
I finally turn to the Devils/Sens game. I have trouble telling which team is which, since both teams colors are red/white/black. What kind of stupid color combination is that? I get excited about one of our guys laying a hit on the other team, but it turns out to be a Sen hitting a Devil. Why can't one of these teams have a different color scheme, say maybe orange and black instead of red?

7:21 PM
Ooh! Fight! Oh, Clarkson! He's my *favorite* Devil! And he's so *dreamy*.

8:00 PM
After taking a break, I come back to watch the Flyers Devils game. But again, my remote seems to be broken and I can't get it to change from the Flyers game. Oh well. Looks like those Flyers chumps are gonna lose again.

8:12 PM
I manage to find the Devs/Sens game again, but I am still confused by the colors. Crap! Woohoo! Devils score!

9:00 PM
Aw, crap, I gotta get ready for work. Yeah, that's right, it's 9 o'clock on a Saturday night and I'm headed to work. I'm bummed that I will miss the third period of the Flyers Devils game, but what can ya do?

So far this transition is going pretty well! I love the Devils! I love wearing Red and Black! I love Brodeur!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment