Friday, June 20, 2008

Bye Bye...Flyers trade Umberger

Wow. Now I feel bad for snubbing him back in January.

Well that was certainly an interesting first round. I'm sad to say I watched the whole thing. It was a little slow going at first, since you pretty much knew who was going to be picked, but then heated up as the trades started flying.

I was a little disappointed that we only moved up to the 19th pick, and then traded away the 27th pick. I was really disappointed that we didn't take Carlson...not because I think he is any big thing, but because I really wanted to be right about who we picked.

Luca Sbisa seems like a good pick. The name rolls easily off the tongue, and he looks like he could be a good choice for us a few years down the road. Picking up Steve Eminger seems like a decent move for the immediate future while we wait for other d-men to develop. Just please don't give him number 26.

Um, I guess that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment