Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Season Preview, blah blah blah.

Well, I haven't really written much here about the upcoming hockey season. I have however, written a few blurbs for a couple other places. So to quote myself regarding the upcoming season:



From the New York Times Slapshot Blog:

Will the Flyers be better or worse than last year, and where will they finish?

They’ll be about the same as last year, and end up around the same spot, fifth. Yes, they’ve made some great additions, but there are still a lot of question marks.

What team would you most like to see fail this year, and why?

I couldn’t call myself a Flyers fan if I didn’t choose the Pens. But if the Pens start to fail, they’ll just bring in a new coach and have a great second half and win the Cup.

Your fondest memory of the Flyers or a Philly player?

Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008. Flyers vs. Ducks. I got to see The Pronger in person for the first time. That, or anytime we beat the Pens. Or the playoff series vs. the Caps in 2008. Or vs. Montreal in 2008.

What player would you most like to see checked right through the Zamboni doors?

Crosby would be the easy answer, but Olli Jokinen or David Clarkson would work for me too. Or any Penguin or Devil.

Automatic penalty for a check to the head – yea or nay?

I’d have to go with yes, which seems weird since as a Flyers fan this could affect my team the most!




From the Season Preview over at Puck Daddy:

"I think we can expect the usual games from these guys: jump out to an early lead, take lots of dumb penalties, and take their foot off the gas in the third. Sure, Pronger will be there to cut a [expletive] and clear the crease, but whining Captain Richards will alienate fans with more 'it's just one loss' statements. Emery will channel Biron and Esche, and fans will call for Coach Stevens' head on a stake by early January. The Flyers will limp into the playoffs and get eliminated by the Pens, breaking my heart for a third straight year. Pretty much same old same old for these guys."





And of course, from The Hockey News, the one thing the fan base is excited about for the upcoming season (you'll just have to buy a hardcopy):



Two words: Chris Pronger. Flyers fans love winning, but even more, we love seeing Cup-winning cross-state captains get crushed. If you’re not excited about Pronger in orange and black, check your pulse.





See? I did write about the Flyers, just not here! How weird? I guess I work better with a deadline and a two sentence limit!





No comments:

Post a Comment