Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I love you Michael Leighton


Okay, everyone, hands off. I saw Leighton first, and called dibs back in 2007. (The only other person who might have dibs is Hammer.) I have two Leighton jerseys to prove it. I ordered the first one while he was a Flyer in 2007, but he was already gone by the time it arrived. I loved him so much I bought a game worn Leighton jersey at the end of the 07 season. That's right: I bought the game worn jersey of a goalie who played 4 games for us that year. So you can share my love for Leighton, but I still have dibs.

As for the actual game tonight, uh, the Flyers pretty much stunk up the joint. They got lucky on the PP, and Leighton stole this one for them. In the second, they were skating like they had cement in their skates. It drives me crazy when they play like that. The Habs were certainly the better team tonight, but poor Jaro looks like he's lost his touch.

Does Price get the start next game, or, as Rod predicts, Jaro still gets the start because they are on home ice? After seeing Jaro fall into his own net and not get up, I say he's done. But that's just one dumbass' opinion.

And let me just say what a treat it was to watch an actual game from start to finish, including post game pressers. I think I've had to work for every game since game one of the Boston series!

Also, a reminder that it's just one game. Lots of hockey yet to be played folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment