Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gary Roberts is dead to me...

Look, I love douchey players (see Pronger, Chris and the entire Flyers organization.) But Roberts' hit on Franzen tonight was just plain cheap, dirty and disrespectful. Sorry Gary, but it's over between us. (Also, upon further review, the Mule may have embellished a bit, but it is still a douche move by Roberts...)




I didn't get to watch game one due to work, so last night was my first encounter with this series. I really enjoyed the first period, with two exciting goals crushing the Pens little spirits. I even enjoyed the second, as Detroit's dominance continued. I marveled at their team: everyone seemed to be in the right place at the right time, and hockey looked effortless and easy.

I think it was about midway through the second when I realized that what everyone's been saying is true: this was boring! I was able to overlook this boring-ness for the first period and a half, since the Pens were getting crushed and that made me happy. It's sad that the biggest excitement of the game came near the end of the second when Lilia fell and gave the Pens their best opportunity of the game. But alas, they didn't capitalize on it, and we went back to the Wings just doing their thing.

Also, I would like to say: yeah Osgood did some diving, for sure. But to hear Pens fans complain about diving is just about the funniest thing I have ever heard. Really? You have the captain of the diving team playing for you, so I guess you know a good dive when you see one!

And really, if boring games are what it takes for the Pens to get ousted, I'm all for it. Go Wings Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment