Thursday, February 26, 2009

Marty Biron wants me back. Flyers win.


Oh Flyers, you keep trying to win me back. It's starting to work.

Every game has playoff implications, and you're starting to play like you know it.

I was enjoying last night's game, up until the point where they had a "Great Goalies in Flyers History" montage on the jumbotron. They showed all the greats, and threw in a couple shots of Marty. It was heavy on the Hextall, of course. Then at the end, they cut to a shot of Hextall in his box, waving and smiling.

*clank*

The last time we had a tribute to Hextall, we lost to the Caps in amazingly shitty fashion. So now, with 8 minutes left in the game, I go into jinxed fan mode. I flip out and say "great, now we're going to lose." I was so pissed that they showed Hextall that I sulked and pouted for the rest of the game. This, my friends, is what happens when you care about a team. I HATE CARING ABOUT A TEAM! It's so stressful! I want to go back to the days of not caring whether or not the Flyers lose. I don't like being invested in what happens to them, it hurts too much.

Even when they win.

Damn you Flyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment