Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Game of the year candidate

heh. listening to HNIC Radio on Sirius and Jeff Marek just called the Caps/Flyers game a "game of the year" candidate. Nice.

So, my tivo recorded the game, but without any volume. My tivo has a terrible track record of recording big games. If you ever left a game and said "Wow! I would love to watch that game again tonight, and over and over again through the years," chances are that my Tivo didn't record it. Two and a Half Men, no problem. Epic hockey games, not so much.

Let's steal a page out of BSH's book and answer my questions:


Should I wear my Pronger shirt that I wore for the first two games? I decided not to. But it's where I left it and unwashed.
Should I wash it first? no
Which socks will turn out to be lucky? some orange and black stripes
How many margaritas should I have? I had none, because I had an iced venti soy caramel macchiato about an hour before the game. Didn't see that meshing well with the margs.
Will I be removed from the Wachovia Center in a wheelchair due to said margaritas? Phew, dodged a bullet there.
Will I be able to take pictures, or will I be rendered frozen by The Pronger? I took pictures of the Flyers during warmups for the first time in a year!
How many snot rockets will I see Ovechkin blow? zero, as I watched warmups from the Flyers side
Will I make it home in time to see the late habs game? Since the "late" game started at 9, no. But that's fine.

When the Flyers took their foot off the gas in the third, as they often do, you could see the frustration on Pronger's face. He was not happy. Wonder if he said something to the boys so they took their heads out of their asses.

Not a fan of the defensive miscue that led to that Ovechkin goal in the second, but overall The Pronger was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment